2013年6月5日水曜日

Kelly Palace and ITSAN organization

Several years ago I found my name on the website of Kelly Palace. She was a TSA patient and seemed to be struggling to escape from it. She had searched all forms of information about TSA on web and found my English homepage. I sent an e-mail and she replied to it. I was interested in her activities in US because she seemed to begin something new apart from her own serious situations. After a while she organized international network for TSA patients; ITSAN( http://itsan.org/ ). I pay my respects to her because she is trying to help other patients even though she herself must be hard. Or she might be trying to help herself by organizing ITSAN. She also needs comrades.

You can find there are so many TSA sufferers in the world by visiting ITSAN’s petition site. It would encourage you.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/label-all-topical-steroid-cremes-of-potential-severe-ad/signatures.html

Her strength encouraged me too. So I am now writing this blog. But there are some other reasons why I am writing now.

Transmission of TSA information includes one serious problem. It is the fact that all patients using topical steroids are not necessarily addicted. In Japan TSA rate is estimated about 10% of all atopic patients. Please refer to my Youtube channel if you need to know the details of my estimation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ0IKTSse2E

From the viewpoint of non-addicted topical steroids users, the TSA information is only a noise. They will say “Don’t bother me. I am enough satisfied with my topical steroids. Does TSA really exist? I have long used this medication but never experienced weakened efficacy. You must be a liar!”

Or some other patients might be so impressed by TSA information and convinced to be addicted though they are not addicted at all. They become so called steroid-phobia. They always think every aggravation of eczema as rebound due to TS which they used very little and so long ago. There are various aggravating factors in atopic dermatitis. TSA is only one of them.

Kelly also must face the above problem in the near future because various patients will visit her website. She must be enough strong and smart to tide over it. Anyway I thought I should inform the above problem to Kelly and many patients who are interested in TSA. That is the second reason.

Another reason why I determined to start this blog is that there appeared several new items for calming inflammation down or preventing TSA. One of them is a kind of hyarulonic acid solution.

Dr. Barnes and his colleagues in Geneva Switzerland found that atrophy of the skin due to topical steroids can be prevented by applying intermediary molecular weight size hyaluronic acid fragments (HAiF) in 2012. Pierre Fabre group have already registered a patent about HAiF addition to topical steroids at least in Japan.

It seems that providing hyaluronic acid solution of this molecular size (around one hundred thousand) doesn’t infringe any patent. So I made up my mind to organize a providing system of the hyaluronic acid solution of this molecular size. Seeing real TSA patients is hard for me as I have already confessed but providing reasonable (low price) hyaluronic acid solution is no problem.

This is the third reason why I began to write this blog. I wanted to inform that several items have been appearing for prevention or subsiding TSA rebound to the world.

Inhibition of Putative Hyalurosome Platform in Keratinocytes as a Mechanism for Corticosteroid-Induced Epidermal Atrophy.

Barnes L et al. J Invest Dermatol. 2012 Dec 6. doi: 10.1038/jid.2012.439.
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v133/n4/full/jid2012439a.html

Sorry, the comment column is not available now. But the author believes readers can find some hints to overcome their own situations by the previous comments.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Dear Dr Fukuya, thank you so much for all of the hard work that you have devoted over the years to this cause. Thank you also for writing this English blog so that we may all better understand the addiction and withdrawal process. I am a big fan of your work (I love graphs!) so I really wanted to get in touch and express my gratitude. It frustrates me that the majority of doctors 'don't believe' in TCA; this is a very big problem that Kelly Palace, Dr Rapaport and all of the hard-working team at ITSAN are struggling to combat. Once more, thank you so much for your time and assistance with this valuable cause!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Please excuse my typing error, Dr Fukaya!

      削除

Comments will appear after approval. Please wait for a while.